Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
baraputra
My Device: 8700/8830 world edition
My Carrier: Indosat

My 8830 world edition won't register to local carrier BIS

I just bought this 8830 word edition from ebay. Originally it's locked to Verizion but I already unlocked.

In a first time when I insert my BB enabled GSM sim card, it's registered and my BIS service works fine. But After I wipe and reinstall the OS (I use 4.5.175 from verizon because there are no any local carrier have it the installer for 8830) - I still can registered (got RIM registration message and GRPS signal) but the service book is not pushed to the device. I am tring to push the service book from my carrier BIS site but there is no response in the device to receive it.

Currently, I can't see the email settings icon - and in the setup wizard there are no option to add/create personal email - just BES email activation.  When I go to my local carrier CS - they remove my BIS account and ask me to do wipe and HRT. I do it but again, I got RIM registration message and GPRS signal but no icons for email setings, ym, gtalk that's usually pushed when the new device connected at the first time. Then my local carrier trying to create a new BIS account for me - but got "Invalid PIN or IMEI/ESN/MEID format" message. I ask them to use PIN and ESN instead of PIN and IMEI - still no luck and gota message as below:

This BlackBerry(R) device is not registered with your wireless service
provider.

Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web
site matches

the one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click
Settings Options.
2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.
3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

If the error persists, contact your wireless service provider.

My local carrier then check to their billing system and they said my simcard was not connected to the device. Then they said is strange issue and mention about the "invalid imei format" is not normal (the last digit of imey number on the device is 0 but the correct one is 8).

I need help for clear out this issues. Any suggestion? Was I bought a suspended device? I'm trying to email help@blackberry.net asking the information but they just auto-replying. I have plan to rise a dispute on ebay but I need to clearly the issue first.

Hope got any enlightenment from this forum. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
baraputra
My Device: 8700/8830 world edition
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: My 8830 world edition won't register to local carrier BIS

Problem solved. After downgrade the OS to 4.2.2.176 its function normally.

Please use plain text.
soqrates
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: umniah

im having same issue and i want to try to os 4.2.176 i hope this sort my phone out as well i bought it used
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jackonberry
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: Airtel ZM

I'm also having the same problem 'Blackberry won't register'.Did your blackberry stop registering even after you updated the OS?
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey jackonberry,

Thanks for the reply.

After checking your PIN number I see that your BlackBerry® data plan is not active.  Contact your network service provider to resolve this issue. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.