Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8830 World Edition Alltel
Accepted Solution

My phone has a business lock or something?

I purchased a Blackberry 8830 WE on ebay and they can't push the service books to me because of some lock on the phone that a business put on it? Is there any way RIM can help me with this so i can use the net and email and other applications on my phone?
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My phone has a business lock or something?

Ouch...the pain of buying used. Here is a KB with information for you:

KB05099 Steps to take before selling, or after buying, a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Unfortunately, in your case, that's only part of it...you need to remove the IT policy that is latent on the device. Here are some procedures that may (or may not) work:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?message.uid=269661#U269661

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_remove_the_IT_Policy_on_my_BlackBerry%3F

In all cases -- expect that your BB will wind up as fresh and clean. Meaning that if you've already put anything onto it, it will be lost.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Using the first method that was posted is the fastest way IMO if you have Desktop Manager 4.7 or higher installed. I used it before and didn't run into any problems
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: 8830 World Edition Alltel

It worked! OMG it worked! Hahaha I'm the happiest Blackberry owner alive right now I thought I was gonna hafta send it back or be outted all that money. Thank you so much for the information, if I ever have any troubles with this thing again I'll be coming straight here for the answers. Thanks again!!!! Smiley Very Happy
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Cool. Glad everything worked out. Enjoy using your BlackBerry to it's fullest potential now.   Smiley Happy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.