Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
salmeister
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New Desktop Mgr Stops Abruptly During Outlook 2007 Calendar Sync

Like an **bleep**, I upgraded something that was working perfectly.  :smileysad:  I upgraded to BB software v4.2 on my 8830 and upgraded the Desktop Manager to v4.7.  Now, when I sync, it just brings up a Vista dialog that says it has stopped working and that Windows is looking for a solution (which it never finds).  I tried everything including turning off the AV and User Account Control (UAC) and removing/reinstalling the Desktop Mgr.  I even tried using Computer Manager to change the drive letter.  The only thing that lets me get through the sync is if I designate that the device calendar completely replaces the Outlook calendar every time I sync.  This is unacceptable, as it means that I can never originate a calendar event on Outlook and hope to sync it with my BB.   Aaaarghhh!  :smileymad:
New Contributor
salmeister

Re: New Desktop Mgr Stops Abruptly During Outlook 2007 Calendar Sync

Well, as a last ditch effort, I blew up most of my calendar events, and now the sync is working.  Must have been a corrupt calendar event.  Anyway, back to the task of reconstructing my electronic calendar....
New Contributor
salmeister

Oh, and by the way, I was just calling myself an "id*ot."  Didn't want anyone to think I was using profane language in the initial post.  Guess that is just one of the terms "bleeped" out by the forums.
New Contributor
Krisjan

When you say you "blew up most of my calendar events"  What exactly do you mean.  Sounds disruptive.

Thanks