Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
betsyarehart
My Device: Playbook

New Playbook will not accept initial OS download

I purchased a Playbook a week ago, have tried three times to do the initial download which I guess has to happen before you can do anything else with it. I was following instructions correctly to the best of my knowledge but everytime it says "download failed." I am very concerned that I register my new Playbook in time to get the warranty. I use a local ISP, DSL connection.

blackberrybetsy
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: New Playbook will not accept initial OS download

do you have wifi? You must have wifi connection to set up your BlackBerry PlayBook

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
betsyarehart
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

Yes I do. We did get the BB connected to our WiFi, with some difficulty. It was after that that the download attempts failed.  Those seemed to take a few hours (?) then each time got a message it failed

blackberrybetsy
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900

It should not take 2 hrs.. At most 15 minutes.. Ur internet connection is probably too slow to do the setup. You may want to try setting up via desktop manager or trying to use another wifi spot. Note do not use any wifi hotspot where u will be requierd browser to login it will not work and u will need to redo it via desktop manager 

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.