Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Ganbat
My Device: P9981
My Carrier: Mobicom

P9981 Keypad stopped working

Hi ive purchased Blackberry Porsche Design 9981 on June 16th ive used it over a month ago and ive started having some keypad problems with it. Ive notified the people who sold it to me, but after a month later it totally stopped working. So ive sent my blackberry to a HK Blackberry office, Beijing Blackberry office. They still couldnt get my phone fixed. Back Button, Answer Button, End Call Buttons are stopped working. So now the company that sold it to me they are saying they cover a technical damage. Who do i contact? What do i do with this **bleep** phone?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: P9981 Keypad stopped working

Hi and Welcome to the Community...and apologies for the delay!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

From what you describe, I think that your original place of purchase is your warranty provider, and is now claiming damage by you. But, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase...even if they may now be denying you service. You have no free path by which to bypass them.

Beyond that, you are left to governmental consumer protection agencies and the like, but I've no idea what those would be for your specific case.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.