Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

p9981
My Device: Blackberry Porche 9981

P9981 trackpad

Hi,

Just purchased new 9981.  Straight out of the box and track pad has only partial function.  Push (apply presseure) and some things appear to work.  The scrolling function does not.  Could this be a software fault? ideas and suggestions please.

New Contributor
dmitrik
My Device: 9900

Re: P9981 trackpad

I have same problem in new phone, have solution?

New Contributor
cashcai
My Device: P9981

[ Edited ]

I have same problem in new phone!

The phones always pressed H and L or star help with the application shortcuts automatically when I pressed optical trackpad down.

I decided to fix my cellphone in person because I used to fix blackberry 9900 and believe that i had a capable to finish it.    I found that the optical trackpad cable is slightly damaged when I presseded the cable.  This cable connected with the metal piece on the motherboard which causing a short circuit and it will type two word H and L by itself.  Finally,I used a small sticker to protect the cable.

<Personal Content Removed>

New Contributor
cashcai

the P`9981 trackpad cable

tetetv
My Device: p9981

Hello there,

Thank you for the tip! Having never fixed a trackpad on a blackberry myself, i could use a piece of advice as to how to "crack" or unscrew open my device. Do you guys know whether there's some kind of video tutorial around the forum/web?

Thanks heaps!

T

PorscheGuy

I'm not that technically capable.  Is this warranty fix that RIM will take care of?