Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
acguy
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

PLEASE HELP music via Bluetooth on bb8800

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone! I just started using a bb8800 but cannot get it to play ringtones or media files on the bluetooth headset.  

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the device capable of this function? Thanks. D.

Message Edited by acguy on 08-19-2008 11:22 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer
rafo

Re: PLEASE HELP music via Bluetooth on bb8800

Does it connected to your device via Bluetooth? If no - check "Bluetooth" icon on your workspace, enable bluetooth and "connect" your headset to the device.

----------------
if your issue solved set "Solution" mark at the relevant post
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
acguy

Thanks for the post. Yes, the Bluetooth is paired and works with the phone for conversations and such. It will do every- thing except play a ringtone when a call comes in,(it plays the default  phone ringer instead while the device itself plays the ringtone) or play music files out of my media folder. I read in another post that the phone will not play stereo Bluetooth files, and am begining to believe that it won't play any type of media files via BT. Any idea? D.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rafo

[ Edited ]

I checked google and I've found the following.

Check this link: Music with bluetooth

and this link: Detailed information

As far I understand it depends on your handset model and mobile device model. Some BT-handsets/devices support this feature, some - do not.

Message Edited by rafo on 08-20-2008 08:47 PM
----------------
if your issue solved set "Solution" mark at the relevant post
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
acguy

[ Edited ]

Hi Ho, rafo! Thanks for the links- A preliminary check of each link is not very encouraging, but i'll get signed in and really give it a go after a while and let you know what i find out. I did find the bb8800 listed in supported stereo BT enabled handsets, sooo!  Thanks again D (the acguy )

Message Edited by acguy on 08-20-2008 06:07 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
acguy

Re: music via Bluetooth on bb8800

rafo- I found a post on one of the links you suggested that says that music may not be played thru a MONO bt headset, but it can be enjoyed using a compatible A2DP STEREO headset. It also gives a list of compatible PDA's and the bb8800 is on the list.

Thank you for steering me in the right direction. D

Please use plain text.