Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
canadauk
My Device: Playbook OS2/BlackBerry 9790

PlayBook Contact & Calendar Sync/Video Chat - can't get them to work

I love my PlayBook ((OS 2.1.0.1088) and as a BB9790 user had never bothered to try to use native contacts/calendar applications until recently when a couple of relatives bought PBs and asked me questions. I have a number of GMail accounts which work brilliantly for mail receiving and sending on the PB, but have failed totally to get contacts and calendar to sync despite selecting that option for one of these. In desparation created a new Hotmail account, imported some key Outlook contacts and tried to sync them with my PB. Nothing. If I try to create a new contact I always get the message after tapping to enter the contact information: "Application was interrupted. Please close and open it again to continue." If I do that and restart contacts, nothing changes. I tried deleting all my email accounts and starting again with a GMail as the primary email with sync for contacts and calendar, but the problem persists. This also impacts Video Chat as it uses the same contact application so is unusable. If I search Contacts it appears to do a remote lookup but never finds any contacts.

The Calendar application when opened just shows the Calendar app icon in the top left corner with 31 and no calendar. Swiping down to show the settings, indicates 3 GMail calendars from different accounts are in place and if I press refresh it suggests a sync is taking place but no calendar framework ever appears, let alone entries.

Would appreciate any suggestions as I have read all the related PB contacts' forums which haven't offered a solution to this particular issue. Thanks

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: PlayBook Contact & Calendar Sync/Video Chat - can't get them to work

Hey Canadauk,

Please contact the BlackBerry® PlayBook support team regarding this issue for further investigation, contact information can be found here:

http://us.blackberry.com/legal/blackberry-playbook-complimentary-support-plan-terms-and-conditions.h...

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
canadauk

Thanks. However, my PB is no longer eligible for official support as 90 days has passed since I acquired it, having not realized originally that there was an issue, as I wasn't using the inbuilt contacts and calendar applications but those on my BB9790 via Bridge. Everything else works perfectly, just those apps not synching.

New Contributor
jonnyg__
My Device: 9900, 9000 (still loving the roller ball) PlayBook 2.1 (now it works!)

Have you done a security wipe??? was having issues with actisync before and works fine after. Back up your personal stuff first thou!

New Contributor
canadauk

Thanks. I was hoping to avoid a security wipe but that may be the only solution in the end.

New Contributor
jonnyg__
My Device: 9900, 9000 (still loving the roller ball) PlayBook 2.1 (now it works!)

apparently it's best to do it after every serious OS update, that's not great.