Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
franky144
My Device: Torch9800

Problem connecting desktop manager with torch 9800

I have a lot of difficulties with my BB Torch 9800, since I forgot my password (for desktop manager).   

Can't connect neither BB Protect to save data nor browse with Google search. 

Could somebody help me solve this?

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Problem connecting desktop manager with torch 9800

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You've got a lot of inter-related and separate issues all mixed up in there. Can you perhaps separate them and provide adequate details of each so that we can perhaps understand and help you?

For example, the Desktop Software password is the exact same one that you use to unlock your BB after you either have caused it to password lock or enough time has passed that it has auto-locked. But that password is totally irrelevant to everything else you've mentioned...and you really need to figure that one out first, as without it, you cannot even use your BB for the other things at all.

Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
franky144
My Device: Torch9800

Hi

Actually my problem is the desktop password: I used to save my data on the BB desktop manager (contacts, mails etc...) and also transfer my music from desktop to my mobile.

I  can't remember what was my password. I've already tried 6/10. I'm scared to continue typing unknown password.

(I don't know if it clear for you. Sorry my English is not that so good).

Thanks in advance for helping.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

The password prompted for by the Desktop Software and the password you assigned to lock your BB are indeed the same password. Quite simply, you must succeed at unlocking with this password, either via the Desktop Software interface or directly on the device. The counter is the same for both, btw, so when you next try to unlock your BB, you will find that it also shows 6/10 attempts.

There is no "master" or "override" password. Only the user-created password can unlock the BB. When the 10th failure happens, the BB will wipe itself clean of all personal data, apps, etc., and will basically be like it's brand new again. If you cannot remember your password, then there will be no way to avoid this wipe action.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code