Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
irmr
My Device: 8830 v4.5.0.175 (Platform 3.4.0.55) & 9800 (v6.0.0.600. Platform 6.6.0.223)
My Carrier: MTN

Problem with time on phone changing to one hour ahead and other sync/time problems

[ Edited ]

My phone is a 8830 with  v4.5.0.175 (Platform 3.4.0.55)

I have a problem with the time on my BB changing when I sync it with MS outlook, the time on my computer is set to the same time zone as my phone is (London time) I currently reside in Ghana, and that is the time we use here.

Every time I sync my phone it changes the time to one hour ahead, I have tried messing with settings on both Outlooks end and on the BB.

It sets the time on the BB 1 hour ahead, and if I make a new appointment on the phone calendar it subtracts 2 hours from the time it saves to Outlook, but if I make a new appointment in Outlook it adds 2 hours to the time it saves to the phone.

Any answers out there?

I would be delighted to find a solution to this!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problem with time on phone changing to one hour ahead and other sync/time problems

Hello imr,

When you create an appointment in your Microsoft® Outlook®, is it using the same Time Zone that your device and computer is set to?

If not, you would need to update your Outlook time zone to your current one.

If it is, check your computer's time zone and ensure that it is the same listed for your device.

Also, in the BlackBerry® Desktop Software remove the check mark from the option to update the device date and time with the computer. 

Let me know what you find.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.