If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Regular Contributor
hutspa
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Putting calls on hold to take another call

I just recently discovered these forums and they are great!

I've had my 8830 for over a year and have never been able to figure out how to put a call on hold while answering another without somehow disconnecting the first caller.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Putting calls on hold to take another call

[ Edited ]

While on a call if you press the menu key, do you have a choice to Hold (or Answer - Hold Current)? If so just press that. Afterwards, hit the menu button, and choose New Call to start the second call.

After you're done with the second call you can hit the red button to end that call, then hit the menu button to Resume the original call.

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 12-03-2008 06:34 PM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hutspa
My Device: Not Specified

That was easier than I thought and I thank you for the information.  On the other hand, I live in California where it is illegal to drive without a bluetooth.  In that situation, using bluetooth, how would I be able to accomplish the same thing.

In the past, I've pushed the BB key to put the original call on hold and when finished with that call I would hang up using the red key which I now realize dropped both calls...Am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

[ Edited ]

Not sure about using the Bluetooth headset. There so many that not sure how you're puts people on hold.Do you still have the documentation that came with the headset to look up how to do that?

I have an 8310, so when I hit the red hangup button, it just drops the second call, not the first call.

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 12-04-2008 01:09 AM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.