Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: 9900

Q10: how do you go straight to the homescreen to see which email accounts have emails?

Hi all

I'm a Bold 9900 user, but looking at possibly alternatives for the coming months.

I had a go on the Q10 today in an O2 store.  I asked two ladies working in there: "here is my 9900.  I go into Pictures, open a picture.  It pings to tell me there's an email.  I can just click the 'end call' button at I go straight to the homescreen and see which account the email has gone into.  How do I do this, or similar on the Q10?"

Firstly they pointed out you do the thumb up and right slide thing to open the "hub", tho they couldn't get it right at all.  Might have been because there were no emails account setup on the phone to demo with.

Secondly, they couldn't show me how to go straight to the homescreen.  Once we finally got there with about 3-4 moves, I only saw one "emails accounts" icon I think.

So can it do what I want?  Go straight to homescreen to see which of my three email accounts has emails (just to show the icon, not to show all emails themselves.

Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800

Re: Q10: how do you go straight to the homescreen to see which email accounts have emails?

Hey simon_a6.

The BlackBerry 10 OS platform uses the BlackBerry Flow & Peek feature that provides quick access at all times to the BlackBerry Hub, applications and the home screen. You can see more of this functionality and other quick tips for navigating BlackBerry 10 by visiting the BlackBerry Youtube page.

Hopefully this helps answer your questions about the BlackBerry 10 OS platform.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Super Contributor
My Device: 9900

Re: Q10: how do you go straight to the homescreen to see which email accounts have emails?

But there is no way to view which account the email is in, without looking right in the list in the hub?
Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800

Hey simon_a6.

The email folders are not on the home screen as they were on BlackBerry OS Smartphones, as all the information you should need for notifications will be in the BlackBerry Hub. Using the Peek and Flow feature, you can peek into the BlackBerry Hub to see what email account the notification was received on, without having to minimize or close the application in use.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Porsche