Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
maulikjn
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Email

Can someone please respond to my previous post - as below?

Hi,

I am using BlackBerry Curve 8830 with Sprint. I have configured my hotmail & Gmail accounts into BB, and emails are coming thru fine. When I read/delete emails in my BlackBerry I can see those changes reflected in my mailbox (either browser or outlook), but when I read/delete messages in my mailbox (either browser or outlook) I don't see those changes reflected in my BlackBerry. And message count for unread messages in BB goes up & up. I use my computer during work hours to check emails, and then BB in evenings. But because of this issue, I have to open each & every message on BB to make them read, or delete them manually over there, which is very tidius process. Any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!!!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

<redacted now that we are in the correct device forum>

Message Edited by sdgardne on 06-19-2009 12:26 PM
Message Edited by sdgardne on 06-19-2009 12:27 PM
Message Edited by sdgardne on 06-19-2009 01:58 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Are you on a corporate BES account or a personal BIS account?

If you are on BIS, you won't have the interaction and message reconcile to and from Outlook. That is a function of BES. 

For deletions and message read reconcile from your email server to the BlackBerry, what will occur on certain types of email accounts, but not all. IMAP accounts will do that.

I don't know your email account type.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi maulikjn,

You can delete multiple emails by highlighting  all the messages that you want to delete/mark as read then click menu and select Delete/mark prior open. Another option is if you want to delete/mark as read all the under a certain date then highlight the date line in the message folder and click menu and select delete Prior/mark prior open.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maulikjn

I am on personal BIS account. So, I know that it won't interact with my Outlook directly, but I have set up my email accounts thru BB email setup wizard. And I am using my hotmail & Gmail accounts with my Blackberry device right now.

And as I understand, they both support IMAP. So, shouldn't they reconcile with the messages on server? At least it is doing one way, whatever changes (read/delete) I perform on BB gets reflected on email server, but other way is not true.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maulikjn

Thanks for the response tanzim. Though I wasn't looking for this solution, I couldn't find any of these options in email menu. I am using curve 8830, is that something model specific?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Here is the KB that discusses BIS reconciliation features:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05133&slic...

For HotMail, the way it is working for you is indeed the way it works (and as displayed in the KB).

For GMail, that, too, is the way it presently works -- however, in that case, such is not properly reflected in this particular KB...but is correctly reflected in this KB:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17394&slic...

RIM has been requested already to review and rewrite the KB's related to BIS OTA reconciliation so that they be consistent and accurate.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.