Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

jamesjeilers
My Device: Not Specified

Rearranging & hiding desktop function icons

I've got an 8703E model. I'm wondering how I can both hide and rearrange the function icons on the main screen? Thanks! jim eilers

Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Rearranging & hiding desktop function icons

Yes. Highlight the icon you want to hide or move, press the trackwheel and select Hide or Move. If you selected Move then scroll the wheel and you wil see the icon move around the screen. Press the trackwheel again to drop the icon where its at.
New Contributor
rosswarren

Hi - I tried this on the 8703e and no success. When I highlight an icon on the desktop and push the wheel, the app just opens, whether it's email or whatever. So, that didn't work. I sure would like to get some semblance of order on the desktop so another workaround?

Thanks very much -

jamesjeilers

Hopefully, someone will enlighten us both, if it's possible. It's hard to believe that it's not possible with all that computer power. Thanks!
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher

d_fisher wrote:
Yes. Highlight the icon you want to hide or move, press ALT + the trackwheel and select Hide or Move. If you selected Move then scroll the wheel and you wil see the icon move around the screen. Press the trackwheel again to drop the icon where its at.

Sorry, I forgot one important step. See the addition in RED.

New Contributor
rosswarren

Yep, that did the trick! Thank you very very much!
New Contributor
rosswarren

Uh-oh...hid an email account and now can't find it. How does one get hidden folders to again appear on the desktop? Thanks
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher

To unhide an icon press ALT+trackwheel and select Show All. Your hidden icons should now be showing slightly gray. Hightlight the once hidden icon, press ALT+trackwheel and select Unhide. Then uncheck Show All.
vmaxson2

Thank you so very much! I've been trying for hours to find my "hidden" icons.  FINALLY!
gsikon23

went thru this yesterday myself....highlight the icon you want to move and pres the "alt " key and push in the trackwheel. The "move"icon and hide icon will appear in the window which allows you to do either once selected.

Nice