Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
brucewillshire
My Device: 8820
Accepted Solution

Remove Security settings from 8820 without access to PC

I have recently acquired an 8820 but I cant remove the security settings.  I currntly have no access to a PC to connect the device to.  is there a way of removing the settings?  Thanks.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Remove Security settings from 8820 without access to PC

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Exactly what "Security Settings" are you asking about? From just those words, there are many possibilities...

My guess -- If your BB has an IT Policy due to having been associated with a BES environment

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

and you wish that IT Policy removed, then see this KB:

• KB14202 How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

You will notice that Methods 1, 2, and 3 require the BES admin to initiate something...if you are no longer associated with that BES, then those methods won't work, which leaves method 4...which does require connection to a PC.

On the other hand, if I've guessed wrong, then please clarify exactly what "Security Settings" you are inquiring about.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
brucewillshire
My Device: 8820

Many thanks, options 1,2 and 3 are not available for me, so I will need to sort out my PC which curently does not allow me to download the desktop software for some reason!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Excellent...so I guess that my guess was correct, that it indeed is an IT Policy issue? In any event, you are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code