Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ringtone Issues HELP!

I have read other posts and am still not having any luck figuring this out.  (I recently changed from an XV6700 to the Blackberry World and pretty pleased so far.  But there is a learning curve!)  Maybe it's the different verbage in contrast to the Pocket PC world, or maybe I have been educated beyond my level of intelligence? :manmad:

My issue is twofold:  1)  Awhile ago I downloaded a few ringtones from http://www.zedge.net/ .  The problem is that when I went to assign them to specific contacts, it applied the ringtone to ALL contacts.  I would like to basically start over again.  Is there a way to go back to 'default' ringtone assignement.   

2) How the heck do I apply specific ringtones to specific contacts, and funtions; i.e., reminders, text alert, email alert, vm alert, etc.

"Speak to him as though he is a child"  Galaxy Quest.  Any and all help is appreciated.

John

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Ringtone Issues HELP!

The only way I see to set default ringtone settings - is to wipe your device memory.

Backup your sensitive data with Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Go to the Options-->Security Options-->General Settings

Open menu and select "Wipe handheld"

Restore your data back. Be careful with restoring your data - it may restore also contact ringtone settings too.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks- so I guess it's either that or go through each one of my 300+ contacts and individually set ringtones???:smileymad:
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

That is not user friendly approach, I absolutely agree with you.

Perhaps there are third-party applications to resolve this.