Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: WIND TELECOM S.P.A.

SMS

Hello, I use a BB Q10. From 5 days I updated the OS to OS 10.2.0.1443 and that happens to me for SMS messages no longer appear the name but only the number. This creates enormous difficulties to understand who wrote to me or to those who have written.
I tried to restore to the version 10.1.4687 but the problem remains.
Aside from this problem, the operating system 10.2.0.1443 works much better than the previous (more speed, more touch sensitivity etc.).
Can you tell me if the bug will be fixed or if it has already been solved?
Thank you very much

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: SMS

I am using the same OS release as you and SMS works fine to show the names.

But, since your contacts can take a while to sync across, you need to be patient.

Are you contacts showing in your contact app, all of them?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I have My contact on Gmail and They are perfectly sincronized. 

New Contributor

I have my contacts stored on gmail and they are all perfectly synchronized with my BB. I see perfectly the names, photos, names of who is calling me and the names of the ones that I chiamano.Solo for SMS I have the problems that I reported before. I tried my sim card on an android phone and everything is working correctly. Can you help? Thanks in advance

[ Edited ]

You know that the 10.2 OS is a beta or leaked OS. You shouldn't expect it to work perfectly, as it is not yet released.

For your SMS names not appearing, try a simple restart:  do a simple restart on your Q10... press and hold the top edge power button for a couple seconds and then tap RESTART in the bottom right corner.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you, but I have already restarted the BB a dozen times. Moreover, as I explained before I tried to restore the previous version of the operating system but the problem has arisen again. Then I reinstalled the 10.2 because, apart from the problem of SMS, it is faster and more powerful and saves battery. If this is a bug then I do not know where to report it. If it is not a bug why it happens? What's wrong in my smartphone?

ERNESTOSFAMURRI wrote:
 If this is a bug then I do not know where to report it. If it is not a bug why it happens? What's wrong in my smartphone?

There is no where to report bugs in leaked operating system software.

I guess if you worked for BlackBerry... perhaps.

Sorry.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks anyway. I believe that until the problem is resolved I will have to use an Android Phone. I'm sorry but I have to work and know who writes to me and to whom I have written. Do not use the phone to chat or whatever. Too bad ... the rest works perfectly.

There are a few other threads here on that issue, but unrelated to a beta or leaked OS.

In most cases, it has to do with having the country in the contacts number details.

In your case, I suspect it is related to your contact database not syncing back to your SMS, after upgrading/downgrading and all else.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

So, if I understand correctly, you believe that does not work contact database of the operating system? So why does not work even if the final version restore the operating system (the previous one and officially released by BB)? I am sure that there must be a solution (perhaps also related to text messages that many users have disappeared with the upgrade to 10.1 and that BB was not explained or resolved).