Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

graeme hay
My Device: Not Specified

Spellcheck on the 8800

I have recently upgraded from the 8300 to the 8800 which does not appear  to have spell check. Can anyone  confirm if the 8800 does have this function and if so how do you switch it on. Thanks. Graeme Hay 

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Spellcheck on the 8800

Hello and welcome to the support forums.

Can you check which version of the OS you're using. On the BlackBerry go into Options | About. Your OS version will be listed as v4.xx.x.xxx. The spell check feature is not available in OS versions 4.2.1 or earlier

If you are running a later OS try going into Options | Spell Check to configure the spell check options. Or you can look under Messages | Options to see if you have a spell check choice. Lastly if you're composing an email you can display the menu to see if you have a Check Spelling choice.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.