Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
joweebee
My Device: Blackberry 8700v

Stopping Service books

[ Edited ]

Hello.

To start, I don't really know what I'm doing here. I'm new to Blackberrys.

I have a blackberry 8700v on virgin mobile UK. I am being charged for their WAP internet whenever my phone reboots because I keep getting these service books. When I delete them, the charging stops, but as soon as my phone reboots, they come back.

I rang Virgin who said I needed to contact Blackberry, because it is them who send even the Virgin service books. The number I was given seems to be head office (01753 667000), I'm not sure if they even have a customer support line. How can I stop receiving the service books, or if I can't do it, who do I call?

Thanks in advance.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,978
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Stopping Service books

Please be clear about this: you do NOT want any data, email, etc., coming to your 8700?

Do you not have a BlackBerry Data Plan with Virgin?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
joweebee
My Device: Blackberry 8700v

Re: Stopping Service books

I do have a data plan (they call it a pass), and I do want data through BLACKBERRY SERVERS, but one of the service books makes a Virgin mobile wap browswe, which i get charged for. It appears that I am being charged for this (daily) even when I do not use it, but the Virgin team can only see the one day on which i did use it. I need to stop this service book from reappearing, or fix my problem another way.

Many thanks