Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
Flip834
My Device: Not Specified

Texts with sounds

I am having a problem with my Verizon Curve 8330.  The phone is brand new (4 or 5 days old).  When I receive a text message with sound, I am unable to hear calls.  I can make calls to someone and I hear nothing.  They can hear me though.  I can receive calls also but I still have the same problem of not being able to hear anything.  The only way I have found to fix it is to pull the battery and power the phone back up.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  It is driving me crazy.  I have version 4.3.0.127 (platform 3.1.0.72).  If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Texts with sounds

While this is a question for the 8330 forum and we are in the 8800 it's no biggie.  You have a one year mfg warranty on the deivce aganist problems like this.  I had the same problem with my 8330 and I returned it to the store and got a new one.  It's a known issue that has to be resolved, but you shouldn't have to go through a software install to do it.  Just bring it back to where you bought it and they will issue you a new phone.

Hope this info helps!

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor
Flip834

Oops sorry bout wrong forum post.  Thanks for advise.  Do all of the 8330's do it or is it just with a select few?
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

I believe it's just a select few that are having this problem with the audio.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor
JBinCO

I understand this is a thread for 8800.  I have the exact same problem with my 8130.  So my best educated guess is this is a problem not necessarily specific to a particular model number.  my phone worked fine never a problem until I received a message with sound.  It has always been corrected by pulling the battery. It is annoying,frustrating and dissappointing so I have deleted message and rebooted by pulling battery and will see if problem continues.