Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
Rob649
My Device: Blackberry 9700

Re: Transferring pictures to the PlayBook

My point was not the means of connection (wired vs wireless) but the source of the data.  In either case you still need to connect to a computer, whether through a cable or through Wi Fi.   As far as I know there is no way to transfer media files from an SD card or USB drive without inserting these into a port in a PC and then transferring the files to the PB.  Maybe DropBox, Drop, SugarSync etc. make these processes somewhat less tedious but the fact is you cannot effectively store media files on an external device other than a PC and expect to load them onto a PB without firing up your PC.   And that's a pain.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Poglavnik
My Device: Playbook

I believe I found a solution to this problem. I too would like to use the Playbook as a travel device (leave the laptop, computer and cell phone at home) where I can back up my pictures.  I have tried a USB OTG adapter with no success.  I am surprised that RIM did not release such an adapter, its easy in concept : [ memory card from camera or camera itself ] > [memory card or USB cable adapter ] > Playbook > computer. 

My second solution is an Eye-Fi card.  I know its pricey, but from what I found online it should work.  I really wished I could have done it with a SD card reader similar in concept to a certain device made by a fruit-themed company but I guess this will have to do.  The plan is simple, use the Eye-Fi card to create a wifi network, connect to the Playbook and upload my pictures to Box or another cloud service.  This way if anything happens to my camera at least some of my pictures are safe on my Playbook and from there I can copy them form the cloud to my computer.  Hope that helps!

Please use plain text.
JamieYoung
My Device: Playbook OS2

I have followed the instructions above and have transferred photos to my playbook via my laptop.  The transfer worked as I can see the photos when I go into to file manager, however, I can't view or find them in the pictures app.  When I am in in file manager the photos are thumbnail sized and I can only view and enlarge one photo at a time.  Does anyone know how I can view my imported photos as an album? Do I need to download a new app?

Please use plain text.