Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Visitor
brmcknl
My Device: Blackberry 8830 (Worldphone)

Trouble retrieving password on BB8830

Hi All,

I'm relatively technically savvy, but this trouble has proven beyond me!  I have two email addresses pushed to my blackberry device ... one work and one home.  I have recently had to change the password of my home email (gmail) and of course, my BB is no longer receiving my emails because of the password change.

I have many times tried entering my username, then clicking retrieve password ... I have tried two different usernames because I am now second guessing myself, and it says for both usernames that the password has been successfully sent ... but I have yet to receive. 

Any suggestions on recovering my username too?  Can I contact my service provider directly for assistance ...?  Would my user name be my PIN # of something else ?  I have tried so much and am at my wits end!!!

Cheers,

brmcknl

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Trouble retrieving password on BB8830

Your username on your BIS account is whatever you made it. You'll need to remember it, maybe your carrier can reset it, but I don't know.

If you are having the PW sent to you, it would normally come via SMS to the device.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sacgary
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Trouble retrieving password on BB8830

brmcknl,