Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
ctguthrie92
My Device: Not Specified

Trouble with BlackBerry recognizing music on my micro sd card

If anyone can please lend some advice: I formatted my 256mb SanDisk Micro SD card on the BB. The phone tells me how much memory is left on the media card, but then when I go to media player nothing from my card is listed there.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
motorwiz2002

Re: Trouble with BlackBerry recognizing music on my micro sd card

I don't know if this helps as I don't know if you loaded music on the card yet but if you had data on the card before the format, when you finish you lose your data.  The card is blank and ready to be reloaded with data.  Good luck!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ctguthrie92

Thanks for the advice but I had music on the card, formatted the card and then put the music back on it with no results.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
motorwiz2002

Sorry to hear that didn't work.  Try to make sure the files are of the right format, such as MP3 of AAC.  The other possibility is that the files are stored in the wrong folder such as "Business" instead of "Music."  Otherwise I hope you find the fix.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
seanlbrooks

My problem is similar, my BB recognizes the card is in the devise but I can't use it for storage. I turned off the Mass Storage support and turned on the media card support. I've not so pressed about placing music on my phone as much has losing my call history. The device seems to delete the call history to make space. Any advise?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
motorwiz2002

Re: Re: Trouble with BlackBerry recognizing music on my micro sd card

Yes. The onboard memory is small and your phone may have loaded some of your music into it making it full. Check that or see if some 3rd party software is installed and taking up room (too many games?). Clear up what you can to make room. And good luck again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
seanlbrooks

Thanks but that still doesn't solve the problem the device still doesn't acknowledge the media card.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
motorwiz2002

As I told someone else:  "When in doubt..  reboot."  You might just try this:

Download the latest version of the desktop operating software.  It's a large file of about 90Megs.  It takes about 1/2 hour to install.  When done, go back and download the latest version of the device operating software which might be version 4.2.2.196 or thereabout.  Then install it.  It's a large file too and it will also take about 1/2 hour to install in your phone.  It will update all bugs and install other fixes.  It worked for me when I couldn't format all 6 Gigs of my media card.  I kept getting only 2.  Good luck.  I have no other suggestions unfortunately. 

Please use plain text.
junejazz

Hi,

I'm not sure if you've gotten a solution, but I was having the same issue: card/music not being read. Check this:

- Go to Options

- Select Media Card

- Make sure 'Media Card Support' is set to ON

- Make sure 'Mass Storage Mode Support' is set to ON

My settings were OFF to both choices!! Selecting 'ON' allows the card to be read and everything on it.

Let the Music play!!

Please use plain text.