05-27-2008 09:37 AM
05-27-2008 12:18 PM
Popping out the battery is a short term fix, if the problem persists, you may need to wipe and reload the handheld software.
See BlackBerry KB10859:
06-05-2009 01:20 PM
I had the same issue this morning and tried the battery pull, that didn't work for me. I came up with a solution that did work, but involves deleting your current messages, which would happen anyhow if you did a re-format on the phone. The problem happens when you get a corrupted email on your phone. You need to delete it to fix the issue.
1. If you get this error, chances are your messages folder will be screwed up. Go to your icon for your email folder.
2. Click MENU, OPTION, EMAIL RECONCILIATION, and see what is set for DELETE ON. If it is on PROMPT or or HANDHELD, you are good for the next step. if it is on MAILBOX & HANDHELD, you may want to change your setting. Depending on how your email is setup to respond to deleted messages, deleting on your blackberry may cause it to be deleted on your email account.
3. After saving the changes, go back to the list of emails. Go to the very top by hitting 'B' on your phone.
4. Click MENU, DELETE PRIOR, and his YES if needed. (it also may ask where you want to delete, hit MAILBOX).
5. After this, you should be able to go back to your MESSAGES folder and it should work properly. This is not the full fix. I tried restarting my phone after this step and still had this issue re-occur afterwards. SO please follow the next step. Otherwise you'll have to repeat the steps above to get a normal working MESSAGE folder again to perform the next step.
6. Go to your MESSAGES icon, and do the same thing again. Click MENU, DELETE PRIOR, and his YES if needed.
7. After this, restart your phone using QUICKPULL V2. If you don't have that, you can download it via blackberry app world (mobile.blackberry.com).
If that doesn't work, then you might have to do a re-format.
01-09-2010 01:20 PM
01-09-2010 01:24 PM