Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Visitor
Chrisgdanski1
My Device: Not Specified

Usage jumped 700%

I have had my 8830 for 6 months now... typically i use 4 to 8 Megabytes of data... this month my usage has ballooned to 52 megabytes... bell mobility has told me that i used much more this past month and that there are no problems... i know other people who are experiencing the exact problem and getting the same denial from bell saying there is no issue... i know personally that my usage for the month was very typical and should have been a the same or slightly less...  when i look at my usage, there are 2, 3 and 4 megabyte downloads here and there... I don't download files or game... to make matters worse, bell told me that they would be glad to do tests at my expense... does anybody have any insight as to what could be happening?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Usage jumped 700%

Have you installed any new applications around the time your usage went up?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
DigitalFrog
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Usage jumped 700%

Are you using GoogleMaps by chance?  If you are loading the satellite image maps, they can boost your usage.  If you have left the GPS turned on, you may be loading maps without realizing as it continues to track where you are.
posted by DigitalFrog