Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
JonzoR82
My Device: Not Specified

User unable to read attachments from digitally signed emails

I have an Army user with a Blackberry 8830 World Edition, paired with a Bluetooth Smart Card reader.  Whenever he tries to open up digitally signed emails, it always requires him to use his CAC card to decrypt the message, whereas with other users, they don't require the same.

As well, when the user has digitally signed emails with attachments, the attachments show up as a garbled mess.  He las the latest Bluetooth Smart Card reader drivers, as well as the SMIME package, installed on his Blackberry.  Does anybody know of any ideas we could try?

exectech
My Device: Multiple

Re: User unable to read attachments from digitally signed emails

Good evening....

I am not sure if you have received any more information on the issue.  I just came across the same issue.  I am not completely familiar with this setup but I am going to look into the different settings on the BB device for SMIME and see if I can fix it.

I would be grateful if you have gotten a fix for this and could provide some guidance.  I will post resolution if found.

Good luck.

Toph42
My Device: 9630

Re: User unable to read attachments from digitally signed emails

Did you ever figure this out?  I have a user with the same problem.  Unsigned mail opens fine, but signed mail acts like it's encrypted, prompting for the CAC to be placed in the reader before it will display.