Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
blahsuit
My Device: Not Specified

Voicemail icon won't go away / VPS Spool Stuck error

Hi,

I've had an issue with my voicemail icon not disappearing on my 8820 (I've tried all the obvious solutions, and all the ones recommended on the internet). I think the problem is related to Orange UK, I've gone through trying to fix it with two orange technical support people and  the only thing we could wrok out was thit it was a problem on the sim card, and would take a new sim card to fix it.

Today I got a text from Orange saying"Our recods show you have reported 'VPS spool stuck' (etc)....

please visit www.blackberry.com and download a software update to resolve this issue. Does anyone know what they might mean? I am already running OS 4.5.0.55

Cheers.

wyhwia

Re: Voicemail icon won't go away / VPS Spool Stuck error

Just called Orange UK Business Support. Visit http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Select your provider and then you will have access to the correct firmware update.

I've not tried it yet, but fingers crossed that it works - never a missed call again!!

New Contributor
blahsuit

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess they finally got the 4.5 firmware out officially on Orange UK, and they were telling me that. As it happens I have had that firmware, and now have the next one up, and neither of them have got rid of my annoying voicemail icon...

Thanks, anyway.

Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Try this...

Leave yourself a new voicemail message from a landline phone and wait for the phone to notify you of the new message.  Call your voicemail from the phone and listen to the message, delete it and follow the voice prompt keys to exit the system.  For example...press * to exit the system, something to that effect. (don't just hang up after you delete it).  I've seen where this can correct the problem you are having.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
fyrefly
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

I've tried all the advice listed above but although the message has been deleted, the 'spool icon' won't go away. Any other ideas please ?

New Contributor
Brahms
My Device: 8700

Thanks, jrdante. This worked for me.