Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Visitor
AlanClarke10
My Device: Not Specified

Wireless sync - address book

I am using Desktop Manager 4.7 and having problems setting up wireless sync for my address book. When I try to set up wireless sync, I go into options, desktop Wireless sync says not available, and I cant change to yes or no. I have reset the config in desktop manager

Tasks etc are setup ok - but address book is an issue

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: Wireless sync - address book

Wireless sync for the Address Book, Calendar, Tasks, and Notes is only available through a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) account - typically provided by a company, but also available through services that provide "Hosted BES" solutions.

The latest version of Google Sync will sync your Gmail calendar and address book.  Info here:

http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/sync.html

Jerry
Please use plain text.
cfurgis

The best Wireless Sync is at www.oablackberry.com.  This is a wireless sync that does not require exchange or BlackBerry server.  The product is called Office Accelerator Wireless BlackBerry Sync by Baseline Data Systems, Inc.  They are a great company to work with.  You will not be sorry.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vliou

[ Edited ]

Our company specializes in wireless BlackBerry sync - using your original BB contacts/calendar/notes/tasks.

A plugin is installed on the BlackBerry, and one in Outlook. The installation/configuration takes no longer than approximately 1 minute, and after the initial process, it runs seamlessly in the background, without any user intervention.

The sync occurs like this:
1) BB to our server
2) Outlook to our server.

Our servers are in the midpoint of all syncing - that way, neither the BB/Outlook needs to be on at the same time. We also have a webmail interface to access your contacts/calendar/notes/tasks online.

You can also sync an unlimited # of BlackBerries with an unlimited # of PC's, provided that the data you want synced between them are the same. Thus, there are several uses of our product - some users use it to simply sync two computers together, some use it to sync corporate BlackBerries together etc.

Features:

• Sync your BlackBerry with outlook Wirelessly
  • Sync contacts/calendar/notes/tasks
  • Online Web Access for Synced Data
  • Complimentary Full Service Email Hosting (10GB)
  • Simple 1 minute install
  • Daily Backups of all data / and the ability to restore
  • 24 hour technical support via phone and email
  • Ability to sync multiple BlackBerries and PC's together

Minimum Requirements:
  • BlackBerry with OS 4.2.1 or greater
  • Microsoft Outlook 2003 or greater
  • Windows 2000 or greater
Message Edited by vliou on 06-30-2009 10:23 PM
Vincent L
Sync your Contacts/Calendar/Notes/Tasks wirelessly from your PC to BB - http://www.thinkpost.net
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cfurgis1
My Device: Strom 9550

Our company also speicalizes in a wireless BlackBerry Sync  However, with our product you also get a full featured contact manager that has been on the market for over 21 years.  The product is called Office Accelerator.  You can get more information at www.oawireless.com.

Please use plain text.
tomunion
My Device: Blacberry tour

Please use plain text.
gabak
My Device: 9300

SOLVED , i had the same problem and nobody could solve but i figured it out.
go to email setup then wizard and delete all your emails account then add GMAIL even if you are using google apps with your domain it work like charm

best regards
gabak

www,gabak.com.ar
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
manojtrivedi
My Device: Curve 8900

I cant edit my contacts in Blackberry 8900 Curve - It is on Sync mode with my Gmail and I wanna delete Auto Sync settings....Can you help please.

Please use plain text.
gabak
My Device: 9300

look yesterday my blackberry die, it was brand new it lasted 2 month.

it was 9300.

now they company gave me motorola defy , and it is great no problem at all

android sync with google perfectly no hassle. 

Please use plain text.
gomur
My Device: 9810

I found a solution and I want to tell the world!!!!!!!

> Go into BB Desktop

> Pulldown window ..... Device> Device Options

> Synchronize

> click Organizer checkbox  ... ONLY !!!!!!!!!

> ... do not click "My computer's date and time". This automatically assumes you are using the system clock from your enterprise server and it hence assumes ypu want updates for your address book from the enterprise server. STUPID assumption which I believe has caused 1,000's of hours of wasted time by blackberry users.

> note, also .... i would NOT check Media files (under Synchronize) because Mass stroage transfer seems to collide with MTP which is used to sync outlook calendar. If you want to sync your media .... change it manually, sync it, and set it back to "unchecked" or you might have problems with syncing outlook.

....... Gomur has left the building ....

I hope this works for all of you expereiencing this problem.  

Please use plain text.