Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

blackberry pearl not sync with windows xp calendar and address book

hi i have a blackberry pearl and have had little to problems with it until today. i tried to sync to microsoft outlook (I do this every two weeks or so) but received error message - error 0x8004fd28 - check documentation and then no syncing happened.  what do i need to do to fix this?

roslyn

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: blackberry pearl not sync with windows xp calendar and address book

Hi and welcome to the forums:

You have a corrupt record in your address book:

This article has a different code, but the procedure is the same:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14818&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

thanks - this worked althought it took a little program coding and error message reading to decipher.  took me back to programming days in college...glad that life is over! 

Thanks again!

Roslyn

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Good Deal!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Great solution!  My Desktop Manager 4.7 crashed while syncing with wab Windows Address Book Outlook Express contacts.  The device read portion of the sync would go fine (I have 1700 contacts), then upon OE WAB read, it would always crash while processing on the same contact number.  I followed the above link to KB14818
 and  KB01451, which showed me how to create a log. which illustrated which contact the crash occurred on.  After adjusting the name fields of the contact a bit, the next sync was successful.  Hooray!
Highlighted

I also have this error during sync (8004fd28). On my XP machine I unable to find the 'Research in Motion' folder under 'Applications Data'. A search only finds 'Research in Motion' folders under C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files\Common Files. How do i get past this issue? The problem appears to be with the calendar.