Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9981
My Carrier: Vodafone

blackberry porsche design p'9981 problem

Hi,

One of the buttons of my blackberry porsche's is not working anymore. It was a gift from abroad and I contacted one of the authorized sellers here (Istanbul, Turkey) and was informed that this was a user mistake and the phone is out of warranty. I don't know what to do or where to get it repaired. I don't understand why Blackberry has a narrow service network. What should I do at this point?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry porsche design p'9981 problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Warranty on BlackBerry devices is always a matter between the buyer and the seller...technically, BlackBerry themselves are not involved. Given the method you obtained this, your contractual warranty coverage would be provided by whoever gifted it to you, and if they need additional help, they would go and see whoever they purchased it from. In a sense, the devices themselves are not technically covered...it's the buyer of the device that gets coverage for the device.

So, in your situation it is tricky, but it indeed sounds like you have no warranty coverage at all unless you can obtain that from whoever gifted it to you. Given how difficult that might be, your best bet might be to find a local shop with a qualified BB technician and have them give you an evaluation and estimate...then decide if it's worth paying to have it repaired.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code