Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

download failed

When I downloading file larger than 700kb, it failed. Why?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: download failed

what is the exact error message ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
My Device: ATT BOLD 9700

I am receiving the same message, i am trying to download a small pdf file and i get a download failed message, there is no error code.  i am using a bold 9700 with the ATT and their approved device OS.  any help is greatly apprecaited.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

how small is the file ?

I have hear of some carriers forbiding downloading files bigger than 300k.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
My Device: ATT BOLD 9700

i have been trying to download a 754Kb PDF and sometimes a 6MB song.  I am using wifi as the connection and getting the download failed as well.  another thing that i noticed was that when using wifi as the browser, i am still able to browse the web unlike when i was using the 9000.  I would be able to download the file no matter the size via wifi and when i was not in a wifi location i would not be able to browse.  Is this a bug in the 9700's OS?

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Avea

I have the same problem with the 9700. Downloading a 5-10 MB mp3 from the internet (eg, a podcast) is possible and easy. But downloading any pdf, Word or Powerpoint file > 300 kb from a website is impossible and as soon as I hit "save as", "Download Failed" message appears. Website does not matter, same consistent failure. Does not matter whether I access the internet via WiFi, 2G or 3G.

Unable to find any solution after extensive search. BB does not have customer service in Turkey, and nothing in forums or websites. Problem continues unsolved after OS update.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi

Experienced the same thing. Uninstalled docs2go, pdf2go and now have no problems downloading pdfs from websites. Going to reinstall and see how that goes.

Either a lot of users who use the sw don't download from websites, or I have a setting off but I tried to find any settings that could have caused problems. Uninstalling made it work straightaway though so I see  a correlation.

New Contributor

I think pdf2go is intercepting it. No problems with Files2Go or Docs2Go. Just pdf2Go left to install.  Noticed there is only pdf2go for OS4.7 and I'm running 5 - but don't think that's it. Guessing it's a permissions issue.

New Contributor

Yes - it's pdf2go. When I change all of the permissions to Deny (Options/Applications/...) the download works. But when you try to run the app (pdf2go) it requires many of them to be Allow - which kills the download.

New Contributor

it's pdf2go that is causing the download to fail.

I have a Storm 2, doc2go premium. I have narrowed the download failed problem to the permissions. When I enter Options/Applications/... and change the permissions all to deny, the downloads work. However, pdf2go won't run, and requests permission changes which subsequently cause downloads via BB Browser to fail.

Note, this is done by trying to download via a link (not from an email).