Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Visitor
mmatej
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: error 5211

Blackberry, since you dont care at all, make you old software opensource, so I can fix that problem myself ! At least the sync client !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Breaker
My Device: Blackberry 9900 & Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am having the same problem. Blackberry, you need to fix this asap.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rcgoyal
My Device: BlackBerry 9300
My Carrier: new user

[ Edited ]

I am surprised that every one is talking aboput this error but not about the possible reason and none gives solution thereof and noone from support group is comming to our rescue? In my 9300 I am not able to access the appword also after this error

Edit: Email removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Thanks regards R C Goyal
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Vacchus
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: VODAFONE + COSMOTE

With my Torch 9860 and OS 7.1

under Win 7 32bit,

I resently installed the latest Desktop Software 710_b042 and things now seem to work fine,

but upto now I have lost pressious time, confidence and of corse data, data, data!

Dissapointed from what I expected from BB and I still havent overcome 2 other OS 7.1 problems

Please use plain text.
Contributor
drdit
My Device: BB 9810, BB Playbook
My Carrier: Beeline

The reason is simple: the developers seem to never check if the software would work on localized Windows/Blackberry  OS. It looks like they are not aware of the fact that there are Windows/Blackberry OS in many other languages besides English where Unicode is used. The 5211 error makes it impossible to synchronize any information presented in Unicode (that is, anything written in Russian, for example). The same is true for many apps in BB World: they just do not work on localized (Russian, French, etc.) BB OS. So the reason behind all this is pure ignorance and having the false idea that the entire world uses English only.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
yomnaosama
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have the same issue with error 5211 while syncing my data, i have gone through the steps of removing the blackberry desktop software vesrion 7, and downloaded version 6

while am trying to sync am facing another wierd problem that :

- your computer needs to be connected to the internet make sure that your computer is connected and press retry

" i was already connected through the wirless network, i went an plugged it with a cable and also the same problem is there 

I need to sync my contacts from the BB to a sony erricson phone and am desperate 

and surely am not gonna type 1000 contacts manually and i have 2 smart phones in my hand 

please help

Please use plain text.