Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: vodafone

goldstar icon

Can anybody tell me if they have had a goldstar icon on there homescreen and how they removed this? It is driving me insane.  Someone please help

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: goldstar icon

The large gold star icon on your notification bar usually means you have an advert from App World. If you check your Messages Folder, you should see aa message about an app from App World. If you delete that message, the icon should disappear.

Some have reported that a soft reset (Alt+Shift+Del) or a Battery pull may be required after. With the device on, remove the battery and wait about 30 seconds. Then place the battery back into the phone and let it power up normally.
New Contributor

Thank you for your response. I did have a message but it wouldn't open so i deleted it re booted my phone & the star is still on my home screen.
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Do you have App World installed? If you open the message, App World should automatically open.

By rebooting your phone, did you perform a soft reset, or a battery pull. If you have not tried pulling the battery, please try it.
New Contributor

I do have app world but when I clicked on the message it wouldn't let me open it. And I have also pulled out the battery the gold star icon still hasn't disappeared.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 3

Are you able to access app world? Has this happened to you before?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click "Accept as Solution" button if your questions has been solved! Like the comments if you would want to appreciate it!
New Contributor

Hi yes no problem accessing Blackberry App World, this problem hasn't happend to me before.  I have also deleted App world and re installed but the star is still not shifting any other suggestions?

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 3

Usually the gold star contains messages from the app world that recommend you to download something...
As I didn't have the gold star icon now, you may want to try to go to blackberry app world and search for the title of the message there... e.g. Advanced RAM Optimizer ..... Open the first icon which says "all" than it will show the apps of the messages... Explore a bit and try to close it and try to see if it is gone or not (the gold star).... Have you deleted the messages?
Thank You!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click "Accept as Solution" button if your questions has been solved! Like the comments if you would want to appreciate it!
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I think Esperoni is on the right track.

The correct way to delete a notification on your homescreen is first of all to find it.  The method for doing so is to open your Messages folder, press the menu key and select View Folder.  If you search through each of those folders, you should find the rogue message.  This will also help for next time you see such a notification.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Hello again, I had deleted the message but I re booted my phone again and it has come back.  The message will not let me open it.