Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

nataliasera-
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: KOODO

help ! dead black screen playbook. ? wont charge or turn on? no camera sound when volume buttons pressed :(

hey guys,  Im new to this, but Im not able to turn on my playbook. I have it pluged in and it is not charging no light is comming on, I have tried pluging it into my computer and to the charger, nothing works? please help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SafariRozay
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: CCT Boatphone

Re: help ! dead black screen playbook. ? wont charge or turn on? no camera sound when volume buttons pressed :(

I have the same problem to but, mines the red light then flashes three times green/yellowish color. I know the battery is really dead it was at 0% last time it was on so I dont know y it isnt indicating any charging sign or even turning on. I even tried updating it over night but, its still dead dead dead! Help please!

"Rozayy"
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: help ! dead black screen playbook. ? wont charge or turn on? no camera sound when volume buttons pressed :(

Hello nataliasera-

Welcome to the forums. 

Have a look at the below knowledge base article which may help you with your issue. 

KB27705

BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics

If you are still having issues I suggest contacting direct BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet support for further assistance: http://bbry.lv/htwnAa

Hope this helps. Have a good day.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
billall
My Device: Black berry play book
My Carrier: 03325644289

here is solution

mark it as solution if helps

My Playbook:

*Dead for 7 days
*No LED indications
*No flashing Red/Greenish Orange LEDs
*Dead that PC cannot connect with playbook

Solution:

*Press Start Button
*As you press the start button, quickly insert then pull-out USB stock Playbook Charger off the USB port (less then a second with each start button press + insert/pull-out)
*Playbooks USB port can be damaged over-time, so wiggle the USB stock Charger while performing the Start Button + Insert/Pull-out method.
***I did this at least 5-7 times***
*Perform steps continuously until Red LED light turns on for 8-10 seconds and then the green/orange flashing LED indicator 5x.
*Once this happens, leave playbook alone for at least 2-3 hrs.
***While waiting, make sure you try and press the start button once again to see if the playbook is finally receiving the good 'ol electro-juices-s-s-s by observing the same Red LED light turning on for 8-10 seconds then green/orange flashing LED indicator 5x. This means you've finally done-did-it.***
*After 2-3 hrs of waiting, un-plug the USB stock Charger then perform Hard Reset (Start+ Vol Up/Down) and wait for about 10-15 seconds.
***Warning, if you dont wait 2-3 hrs before pulling the USB stock Charger, you will be stuck back to a dead Playbook once again and going to have to start all over.***
*Wait for the Red LED to turn back on and the RED DEAD BATTERY ICON with the BOLT should pop up on the screen.
*The oscillating green lights should initiate showing signs of your playbook finally drankin' sum juices LOL!
*Make sure you now wait for another 2-3 hrs until the playbook starts up by its own along with the low battery sound indicator.
*From here, you have the option to leave the playbook on while it charges or turn it off and having a higher rate of charge.

Happy Playbook-ing!

Please use plain text.
Johanne2010
My Device: Playbook 2.1.0.1753
My Carrier: Bell

WOW! Thank you thank you thank you! Simple and easy... didn't even have to do all that you said. Thanks! I've had my playbook now for several years and love it still. Just got a new one for my husband for Christmas and when it didn't power up this morning I thought... sh*t! But with your help I was able to use it again. Again thanks!
Please use plain text.
KingMike
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodacom

YOU SIR ARE A LEGEND!!!

Signed up to the forums specifically to thank you!!!!

you have no idea how you saved my **bleep**!! Thank you again!

Cant believe it worked!!!

PEACE!:Rockon:

Please use plain text.
William2004
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: RIM

I searched a while and tried different solutions and finally found my issue was :

The USB Charger port was offset.

In the user guide, it says:

Connect the BlackBerry Premium Charger to your tablet with the BlackBerry logo facing upward and the USB icon facing downward.

My charger connection was BlackBerry logo facing download (somehow changed).
I used a small stick to adjust it and correct it with with the BlackBerry logo facing upward.
It woks now.
Please use plain text.