Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8700R
My Carrier: Rogers

interprize server

anyone know what that means for emails on BB I was told I will have to pay 70.00 with tax and so on with my plan for 5 gig thanks they said with out this I cant send rec emails.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: interprize server

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Enterprise is for BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Solution) users, which typically are corporate level, and provide full OTA synchronization of many things. On the other hand, for consumer level use, BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) is the typical plan to choose. The mobile service providers set their own fees for the various data plans they provide. But, you can compare the features of BES versus BIS here:

• KB03652 Comparing BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server features

With no BB-specific data plan (e.g., neither BES nor BIS), many services will simply not function...see this for general reference:

With hundreds of carriers in the world, each with dozens of different data plans, it's impossible to tell you specifically what any service plan might actually provide. Only the carriers can answer that question. The best thing to do is to decide what services you desire, and then talk to your carrier about obtaining (from them) a data plan that enables what you desire. But, do know that BBs are very different from other mobile devices, and have many proprietary services...and a BB-specific data plan is required to enable those BB-specific services...generic data plans typically do not enable the BB-specific services.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8700R
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: interprize server

well today went to Bell store told him the matter anyhow he put my email addy and gave me a temp pass word lets hope this works on the 7th of Aug if not I will go back to talk text plan only. Also when I got my package it froze up my BB I was on twitter and face book after twitter was closed.