Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

lost browser

I had a T-Mobile blackberry, but moved out of US and reveived unlocking instructions from T-Mobile for the device.  I followed instructions, and everything works fine with the SIM card from local provider in Jakarta, Indonesia, but I no longer have the web browser, blackberry email or GPS functionality.  How do I re-install these?  I can receive email on the device through my company provided software and address, but not my email address from my US based network provider
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: lost browser

Try this:

Go to "Options"

Click on "Advanced Options"

Scroll to "Host Routing Tables" and click...this opens HRT editor

Click menu key (left of trackball)

From pop up menu choose "Register Now" you will get a message "Registration Sent"

Hopefully you will get the browser to populate on the desktop.  Sometimes it takes a little while, depending on the BB servers.

Let me Know.....

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: lost browser

Thanks for the suggestion.  I followed your instructions and it indicated that the "registration sent" was OK, but nothing has happened since.  This was approximately 18 hours ago.  It may be something with my current service provider.  I will check with them.

thanks