Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

My Device: blackberry 7290
My Carrier: o2

old 7290 blackberry

Hi guys,i have just been given a old blackberry 7290,i downloaded the desktop drivers for syncing etc,but i keep getting a prompt please give a password for device,even though i have reset the blackberry,please advice,i am using windows 7,my o2 sim is working fine,i can make calls no problem,its just the desktop issue i have!Smiley Indifferent thanks in advance!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: old 7290 blackberry

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like whoever gave it to you did not completely clear things off, including the device lock password. Be careful...if the BB locks itself (there should be a timer) you will not be able to unlock it either (the password on the device and the password required by DTM is the same one). I suggest you contact the person who gave it to you and find out what the password is...I suggest you do so right away as there is no "backdoor" around that password...if it is entered wrongly more than the programmed number of times, the BB will wipe all data off of itself as a security precaution.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.