Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Visitor
Miller
My Device: Not Specified

please helpppp

got an 8800 series, and when you set a password on it, it gives you ten tries to firgure it out, incase you misspell it or someones tryign to hack it, well a friend of mine was playing around trying to figure it out, got it to nine then it said one last attempt, so he gave it to me and i misspelled the pasword and it shut down, and then a white screen came up saying it was erasing all data... i ripped out the battery to stop it..but now it wont turn on, and everytime i put the battery in the light just turns red.. i dk what to do and im scared it delted all the data, please help, i dk if it needs to eb brought in so it can be fixed or something, or if the phones completely destroyed, any useful info would be muchhh appreciated
Please use plain text.
Developer
millju4
My Device: Blackberry 8330

Re: please helpppp

Miller,

Sorry to hear you had to go thru this reset, however....

The good news is that your device is not completely fried and there IS a way to salvage the phone ....What happened earlier was a normal function of the device for security reasons which is to completely erase all data in phone so it doesnt get into the wrong hands...

When you interrupt the reset process, it is similar to remvng a phone during a software upgrade.  If you do so, the phone becomes inoperable. 

You must go to your service providers website and download the latest device software from their website....

Next, you need to plug in your BB to the CPU and click connection settings in BB desktop mgr.  Click 'Detect' to re-establish a partnership with phone - 

After detecting, click application loader, proceed with the installation of O/S that you've downloaded! :smileyhappy:

Let me know if that helps you out!

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: please helpppp

Use JL_cmder to wipe your device OS. Click this link for details.

Check steps below for OS upgrade by installing device OS in the PC -

Step #1:

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the Computer.

Step #2:

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3:

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1.      Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager

2.      Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager

3.      Double-click Backup & Restore

4.      Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases

5.      Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save

Step#4:

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1.      Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager

2.      Double-click the Application Loader icon

3.      Click Next to start the installation process

4.      Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK

5.      Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next

6.      Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.

7.      Click Next.

8.      Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process

9.      Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly

10.  Click Next -> Finish

11.  When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear

12.  Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.