Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
bderrick
My Device: Not Specified

"No Songs" on BB 8830

I have done everything that I can think of.  My BB 8830 shows "No Songs" on the media card; however, my desktop shows that the songs are there.  I verified this by looking at the free space/used space on the BB.  The songs are there, but I can't see them.  I can see my pictures on the media card, but not the songs.

I tried one solution that I saw on this website where I removed the battery,and then put it back in the BB.  It still did not work.

I'm soooo frustrated.  Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: "No Songs" on BB 8830

Hi,

Have you recently upgraded to OS 4.5?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bderrick

Thanks for your reply.

My Blackberry Core Application is v 4.2, is that what you mean?  This sounds stupid but where do I get the 4.5?  When I find the website to download it, do I save it to my PC hard drive, and use Desktop Manager to move it to the BB 8830?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

I was not suggesting that you upgrade to 4.5, rather that there has been some media problems

associated with 4.5.

Are you transferring any iTunes?

When you transfer songs, it takes the BB about 5 to 10 min ro index the songs, are you waiting

that long before you look for the songs?

Thanks

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bderrick

Hi,

I can't find the OS 4.5 without paying for it any way.  I saw one website, but you had to pay for it.  I thought maybe there were some advantages to upgrading to it.

I use Desktop Manager (downloaded from my carrier Verizon for the 8830, which is version 4.3, not 6.7 which is on the BB website).  I don't use ITunes to manage the download of music.  I have never had a problem until last night when I had connected through the USB port the BB 8830 with the laptop PC.  When I disconnected the BB 8830 from the PC, and I tried to access the songs, I can't see them.  I tried to change a song associated with a contact, when I tried to change the song, I found all the songs on the BB.  HOWEVER, when I access music through the BB message shows  "No Sons".  I know they are there, but I can't see them.  It's really frustrating. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

4.5 is free, check with your carriers download site to see if they have released it. I know it's out on Tmobile.

You can use another vendors OS 4.5 for your specific model, just delete the vendor.xml file. there is a

post by Zandrex in the 8300 forum, it's a sticky at the top.

What I mean by itunes is are the songs iTunes? iTunes are DRM protected and will not play or display on the

BB.

Thanks

Please use plain text.