Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
bbowner
My Device: Black Berry World 8830
Accepted Solution

sync World with Contacts

How do I sync my BBWorld 8830 to Microsoft Outlook 2007 - actually all I want to do is copy my Contacts into my phone's address book - but how do I do so?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: sync World with Contacts

Follow the below steps -

1. Connect your device using Desktop Manager and click on Synchronization
  2. From the menu on the left click Synchronization under Configuration
  3. Again click Synchronization button on the right which will give you option to Select Device Application that you want to synchronize
  4. Put the check mark and you'll get a prompt to Select Desktop Application
  5. Highlight the application name and click next button
  6. Under Synchronization Option you get Direction of Synchronization
  7. Check the radio button with Two way sync 
Note: above mentioned steps are explained as per Desltop Manager 4.5

Synchronize addressbook -

Connect you HH with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.

Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twice go back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbowner

Many thanks Tanzim.

I really appreciate this - and will print out your instructions...

Now I just need to get the Desktop Manager to work with Vista....

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

Have the latest version (4.5 or 4.6 both are support Vista) of desktop manager from this link.

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbowner

Yes, I had to delete version 4.2 with SP2 (desktop manager) because it didn't work on my Vista machine, so last night - I downloaded and installed version 4.5 - after a re-start of the computer; and your instructions - I've been able to sucesffully sync Microsoft Outlook 2007 with my BB World 8830 Phone.... Very cool....

Now, if only I can figure out a way to install my photos and media files....

There is no Media Manager button on the Destop Software (this time, I did not install the program with this media manager - because last time I received error).

Any ideas? Thanks so much.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

Are your willing put your media files in memory card? If so then you don't need to have the media manager installed in your desktop. If you have media card then after connecting the device with USB you should be getting promts if USB mass storage is turned on. To do so go to Options -> Media Card -> Mass Storage Mode Support: ON. Now put different types of file in differnet folder as you want to.

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bbowner

Yes I know about the media card... However,I still would like to have a option to connect the BB to the computer and see that through the Computer in extra storage devices..as a extra removable drive.

But it does not list as a black berry. I do not get anything. The BB device manager says connected - but nothing is shown in my computer under removable storage drives. How do I get it in there?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
bbnangia
My Device: Bold

i do the same procedure as given by our friend but the error message after complting and pressing finihs is cannot find system in table file
Please use plain text.