Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: uncaught exception java lang classcastexception

falcotec wrote:

Hi,

This site is a user-to-user community, not a user-to/from-RIM channel for any formal communication.

Is there such a possibility to contact RIM or send logs or ...?

Nope...as per the contract you signed, your mobile service provider is your front-line formal support channel for everything. If they cannot resolve things, they have the ability to escalate into RIM at no charge to the end user.

falcotec wrote:

There's pretty much no diagnosing those -- they .......... etty much impossible. So, there are a few things to try:

So why is there some logs or Error codes, or... where could we put those info and for example screenshots as I do have strange screens when using the search field.

Or other debugging: how could I find out if the hardware is broken? For example RAM is defect or something...

You are free to post things here to see if other users might have insight for you. But, if you desire formal support, you seek that from your service provider, and that includes warranty evaluation and support.

Good luck!

PS -- before anyone jumps in on this, if anyone wants to debate the merits of the RIM support model, I won't participate in that...it's a topic that's been beat to death on this site. The support model is what the support model is. It's not the same as others, but then BBs are not the same as others. Debate on the merits of the support model are, for me, useless...it is what it is, and my goal is to help folks understand what it is so that they can learn how to function within the confines of the contract they signed, which included support methodologies.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.