Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

voicemail notifications?

Pretty simple...I don't get any at all.

Not exactly new to mobile phones, so this is frustrating. I can find no way to set the phone up to notify me I have a voicemail. I haven't found anything in the manual, on the phone, the web or here that specifically addresses this.

This is the only mobile phone I have ever owned (and I started with those huge bag phones 20 years back) that it is not clear and simple.

I just want to know I have received a voicemail. A beep, a vibrate...something.

To answer a few kinda maybe close posts suggestions:

I get no notification, other than the message that appears in the blackberry messenger section. ( I get tons of emails from various sources, I need voicemail notifications to be seperate from this)

I have stepped through every option in my voicemail service menus (SPRINT) and it doesn't have any I can find.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: voicemail notifications?

In BlackBerry there is no provision of having separate tone for voice mail. You can have same notification as SMS text if your carrier provide SMS notification for incoming voice mail.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Not Specified

Re: voicemail notifications?

I think I have the same problem as STS1SS.  My World Edition Blackberry (I think it's an 8830) has no option to allow me to set it to notify me when I have a voicemail waiting.  I stopped by a Verizon store but the techs there weren't able to set it - there's nothing in the Profiles menu.  I can set it to notify me if I have a text message waiting, but I don't need that.  I only use it for phone and e-mail.

What I need:  a way to set the phone so that, if I walk down the hall to refill my water glass, and someone phones and leaves a message while I'm gone, when I get back into my office, the phone beeps at me to let me know I have a voice message waiting.

Like STS1SS, I've never had a phone that couldn't perform this very basic, very necessary function before.