Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 (primary) Z10 LE (secondary)
My Carrier: Singtel

How to make a Free appplication to Paid?

[ Edited ]

I have two questions:

1. How can I make my free application to paid license? I can't do so through BB world vendor portal.

2. If I plan to give my paid application a limited-period discount or free license to promote it, how should I do?

Thanks.

regards,

pigling

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tim

Re: How to make a Free appplication to Paid?

Unfortunately it's not possible change an app from free to paid. For the second question it's possible only if you have a paid app. 

*Like this post 

If this post is helpful, please click the "like" button! :smileyhappy:
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

pigling wrote:

I have two questions:

1. How can I make my free application to paid license? I can't do so through BB world vendor portal.

2. If I plan to give my paid application a limited-period discount or free license to promote it, how should I do?

Thanks.

regards,

pigling

For #2, you can change the price of the app but cannot make it $0 currently, the lowest pricepoint for paid apps is $0.99.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: M1

pigling wrote:

I have two questions:

Thanks.

regards,

pigling

You can however add new features and make them available as in-app purchase? That is something I'm thinking about with some of the FREE apps.

Alternatively, launch a new app and make it PAID from the start.

--cp

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Well I too have same issue the best thing was suggested was generate tickets in vendors support and wait till they replay... i have promptly waited for 2 month now their is no replay or my few apps paid apps are converted to free.
. 2nd options is created a new product with free and resubmit and get it approved well I know the apps name cannot be same so while packing to bar make sure you have different name or similar name but not same name.

Hope this works for me and you..... happy coding
Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...