Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

Visitor
My Device: Dev. Alpha B
My Carrier: Telkomsel

In-App Purchase and Paid Application error?

Hello,

I've ported a game for Blackberry 10, and it has a In-App purchase feature to buy ingame goods. I have tested it in local connection mode and it works, I got my ingame goods after selecting payment status to "success", and got some error notification if I select payment status to "payment error", and so on. The problem is, I already put my apps and in game goods in my vendor portal, downloaded it via app world in my Dev. Alpha B, and successfully played it. But when I Tried to purchase goods from the game, it keeps loading and loading and loading and it never ends. (FYI, I've set the connection mode to network before put my apps in to appworld). I dont know what went wrong since if it got errors, it will programmatically display an error notification, but it didnt display anything, just a loading notifier and it never ends.

Another problem is, I've put my apps and set the license to "paid". I found the application in appworld (via development mode, since it's still in draft status), I tried downloading it and it says error (after "failed to load BBSLA") and I can't download it. So I changed it license (by creating a new product) and make it "free" and I can download it weel in appworld.

I dont know if this issues has been fixed or not, but I still got the error even until now. I'm porting for port-a-thon, and It's the last day so I dont want to miss it!

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Edi

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: In-App Purchase and Paid Application error?

Hi Edi,

In app Payments are not currently supported in Network Mode on BlackBerry 10, this would explain the error being seen.

Local mode testing should provide a good means of testing for now, but once network mode is enabled it is definitely recommended, as you have tried, to test this out before releasing for sale.

I will be sure to post a blog once this feature becomes enabled.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!