Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Past purchase history error code

Hello everyone, I am restoring past purchase to the user based on the purchase error thrown back. In 10.0 and 10.1, the error code for existing past purchase was 5 but what is it in 10.2? My customers are reporting that it doesn't restore and it probably is because the error code have changed in 10.2

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Past purchase history error code

Error codes should not have changed in 10.2, however you should be restoring the purchases proactively, restoring by forcing users to attempt to repurchase is sure to provide a poor user experience.

10.2 has also not been released publicly yet.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Thanks Garett for the reply. You have already advise me to take the official approach but I have decided to take this ugly way of catching the error code because when I first saw the BlackBerry payment documentation, it was extremely weak and vague on this matter. Since you insist I take the offcial approach, I will revist the payment documentation.

Also, you've mentioned that 10.2 is not publicly released yet. I know this and I'm extremely excited for it to drop. The problem is, because of your endless leaks, lot of my customers have already upgraded to 10.2 even before us developers are able to have access to it. I let these customers know that we have not yet tested our app on the new platform (because it's not publicly released) but I really hate to leave these customers in the dark until I am able to make sure our app works perfectly on 10.2.

Either allow vendors to set the upper limit of the availability of the app on the OS or stop leaking. Thanks.

Retired

gyubok wrote:

Thanks Garett for the reply. You have already advise me to take the official approach but I have decided to take this ugly way of catching the error code because when I first saw the BlackBerry payment documentation, it was extremely weak and vague on this matter. Since you insist I take the offcial approach, I will revist the payment documentation.

Also, you've mentioned that 10.2 is not publicly released yet. I know this and I'm extremely excited for it to drop. The problem is, because of your endless leaks, lot of my customers have already upgraded to 10.2 even before us developers are able to have access to it. I let these customers know that we have not yet tested our app on the new platform (because it's not publicly released) but I really hate to leave these customers in the dark until I am able to make sure our app works perfectly on 10.2.

Either allow vendors to set the upper limit of the availability of the app on the OS or stop leaking. Thanks.

If people load leak software before it is made available, which is a fact in *any* software environment, then they need to be ready to expect problems, bugs etc. We cannot support the troubleshooting of leaked software, and you should not be forced to either.

I checked with our dev team and you are correct, the error ID has been changed for already purchased goods, it was 5 but now falls under the general '3' category with a subcode of 30222.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Yes, people load beta softwares before it hits public all the time but they are beta - which means the loading is controlled by the company and with that, the beta users are fully informed of the bugs by the company. Leaks from BlackBerry is so common and often that it became a culture of CrackBerry.com and small (but significant) number of those leak loaders are just regular customers. Please don't tell me leaks are installed in *any* software environment, all other software environment installs beta, BlackBerry community install leaks. I'm glad BlackBerry recently fired 250 people from product QA department since they are probably the ones who leaked the OS to the public.

Anyway, that change is what prevents the restoration process. You've mentioned that the subcode is 30222, how do we retract that? None of the below show any numeric code that is more than 1 digit long.

PaymentReply::errorInfo()
PaymentReply::errorText()

Please advise

Retired

If you want to be nice to your customers you will improve your flawed logic for restoring purchases. Bottom line is that restoring past purchases using the supported methods has never not worked, the way you are performing the restore has never been expressed as a supported way of performing the restore.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Okay, I will be nicer to my customers.