Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Payment service error codes

When you are checking for past purchases in Local/Test mode are you passing in true or false? Passing "true" should throw an error in Local/Test mode as the app was not downloaded from BlackBerry World, using "false" should work well for both Local and Sandbox testing.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
gyubok
My Device: Bold 9900

I'm asking in production mode. What is the expected error code when the user have already purchased an item.

I never ask a user to manually check their past purchase history or do it in the background. If they have purchased the inapp purchase in the past, I direct them to attempt to purchase again and my app detects the error code and restore the full features again.

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Retired
gbeukeboom

gyubok wrote:

I'm asking in production mode. What is the expected error code when the user have already purchased an item.

I never ask a user to manually check their past purchase history or do it in the background. If they have purchased the inapp purchase in the past, I direct them to attempt to purchase again and my app detects the error code and restore the full features again.

What you have stated above is not a good user experience, you should be checking for past purchases, forcing a user to attempt a repurchase is a *bad* experience. Also it's kind of off topic, the thread was started as an issue with all responsed to tests in *test* mode.

Please post a new question for your question about responses to already purchased items if unable to find an answer by searching the forum.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
gyubok
My Device: Bold 9900

Thanks, I know that lot of the devs are having problem restoring past purchases for their customers so what would you describe a *good* user experience? Have a separate button? Run in background?

----------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @gyubok
Retired
gbeukeboom

gyubok wrote:

Thanks, I know that lot of the devs are having problem restoring past purchases for their customers so what would you describe a *good* user experience? Have a separate button? Run in background?

Again, this should be asked on a separate thread, and it has actually, just a few posts below this one:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Payment-Service/Get-existing-purchases-best-practices/td-p/24...

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!