Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

Developer
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Production in-app purchase from sandbox problem

Hi!

A month ago I was able to test successfully an in-app purchase in my app (production mode, being in sandbox, installed from BB World in dev mode). But now I can't anymore.

If I use test mode, it works fine.

Method requestPurchase is executed (QML), but onPurchaseFinished is never called.

Tnx in advance.

Best reagrds, SOAman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Production in-app purchase from sandbox problem

Hi,

Did you make any changes from the time it did not work to now? Anything, even small changes, such as re-loading the app, small code tweaks etc?

A signal not firing would be more of an SDK bug than a problem with the service, so either the app or OS on the device would, I believe, need to have changed for an issue such as this to have manifested.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer

Yes, I did.

Originally, my main page called another page.

Later, I moved the other page to be invoked as a card.

My tests show that in-app purchase works fine on the main page but not on the card. More precissely, callback is not working.

I suspect that windowGroupId: Application.mainWindow.groupId is not working properly in the card.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer

I have to add the following:

'The window group id is required by the PaymentManager so that it can display dialog windows properly.'

It is not the problem with the callback, but with a purchase dialog. It never shows!
Developer

If I switch <invoke-target-type>card.composer</invoke-target-type> to <invoke-target-type>application</invoke-target-type>, then it works.