Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

Contributor
staticgerbil
My Device: Playbook

paymentservice functions failing

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been solved before, I did a search but the only similar problem I could find was solved by deleting saved wifi connections and restarting which didn't help me.

My issue is that the paymentservice family of commands are all failing for me when testing on the App World. 

I do get a message back for each function that I call (I've used paymentservice_get_price, paymentservice_get_existing_purchases_request and paymentservice_purchase_request) but each message gives me an event code of PURCHASE_RESPONSE and the response code text is always "Payment system is busy, please complete your other transaction and try again."

I'm not sure if it's relevant but the request ids do appear to come in correctly with the message and based on the request ids, the messages appear to come through in the order I would expect them to.

If I use paymentservice_set_connection_mode(true) to setup local testing, all of the calls function as expected, I get the correct event code every time.

I'm wondering if it's possible that I haven't set something up correctly in the Vendor Portal?

I'm testing on a Playbook with OS version 2.1.0.1088

This is my first play with Blackberry so hopefully it's an obvious newbie error I've made :smileyhappy:

[edit] One other piece of potentially useful information is that I'm using version 2.0.0 of the QNX Momentics IDE

Contributor
staticgerbil

Re: paymentservice functions failing

[ Edited ]

Ok here's a small update.

It appears that I can no longer make any purchases on the App World, in my app or just trying to buy a new app from inside App World.

Does anyone know if there is a way to view / clear any transactions that are sitting around trying to be processed?

This morning, using a different blackberry id, I did get one successful call which was paymentservice_get_price, but it seems like after my first call to paymentservice_get_existing_purchases_request everything started failing again.

Now that account is suffering from the same issue.

Hopefully I can figure out why the get_existing_purchases is giving me grief and hopefully I can get this pending transaction cleared so I can continue testing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Contributor
staticgerbil

One last quick update for today.

Hard reset on the device clears the App World transaction problem and lets me have another shot at debugging my issue.

Tried building with 2.1 beta version of the dev kit and get the same issue.

I've tried calling paymentservice_get_existing_purchases_request with true and false as the allow_refresh parameter and I have tried calling it with a valid group_id parameter and with "".  All combinations of those parameters seem to cause the issue for me.

I can get the price of my IAP content using paymentservice_get_price and start a purchase using paymentservice_purchase_request with no problems.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi there,

How was your app installed (side-loaded, through App World etc)?

When you are in App World and try to purchase an application does an error code get displayed before the error message? If so, what is it?

Is there an error code displayed in your app when trying to retrieve existing purchases or make new in app purchases?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
JordanMc
My Device: Top Secret BlackBerry 10 device

Hey There,

I have another question as well.  What device are you trying to purchase applications on?  (9900, DevAlpha, PlayBook, etc.)  What software load are you running on your device?

Regards,

Jordan

Contributor
staticgerbil

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

My app was installed via the QNX Momentics IDE.  I just built and ran it from the IDE.

When I try to purchase an app from App World, I didn't notice any error code before getting the error message but I will double check that when I get a chance and let you know for sure.

In my own app, if I try to make a new in app purchase that appears to work correctly. 

If I try to retrieve existing purchases the app fades out a bit and I get the green circle loading icon and that screen never goes away.  I have left it for about an hour and it just stays there.  The device itself doesn't give me any error messages but using debug prints I found that the call to paymentservice_get_existing_purchases_request returns BPS_SUCCESS but when I get a message back to handle the event the error text tells me the payment system is busy.

I am testing on three seperate Playbooks.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Contributor
staticgerbil

Ok, retested the Playbooks and I'm not getting an error code before I get the "Payment system is busy" message when trying to purchase an app from the App World.

Two of the Playbooks are using OS version 2.1.0.1088 and one of them is using version 2.1.1032.

If it is at all relevant, I haven't actually purchased anything in the past on these Blackberry IDs although I have downloaded a couple of free apps.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

staticgerbil wrote:

My app was installed via the QNX Momentics IDE.  I just built and ran it from the IDE.

There's your issue, you need to install from App World in order to be allowed to communicate with App World (retrieve existing purchases):
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/How-To-Live-Testing-the-Paym...

Let me know if that helps to resolve.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
staticgerbil

Ah thank you, now I feel silly.

It hadn't occured to me because I had other calls to the payment services that were working so I figured uploading with the IDE was ok.

Someone else setup the vendor portal stuff so I will get the information I need (address of the build) and try that out asap.

Contributor
staticgerbil

Sorry to pull up an old thread guys but I wanted to come back and mention what the problem ended up being for me just in case anyone stumbles across this thread looking for answers.

In the end it seems that we had two payment service calls quite close together and that was somehow causing our issues.

I was getting the price of an item, then very very soon after making a call to find the existing purchases.

When those two calls were moved further apart all was fine.

I thought I had the get price call disabled to test that just getting the existing purchases on it's own was still an issue, apparently I didn't do that.

Thank you to everyone here helping me try to get this sorted out.