10-22-2012 04:17 PM
We have an app with consumable digital goods. This app was released last year and there has been no development on it since then. Starting a few weeks back we started getting complaints from several users stating they were getting billed (in some cases double billed), but the app was giving an error and not allowing access to the digital goods. The timing appears to coincide with the latest AppWorld update (http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverab
We investigated and were able to reproduce the following:
1) We call the API to make a purchase:
paymentSystem.purchase(goodId, appWorldSKU, name, metadata, Main.APP_NAME, "file://" + File.applicationDirectory.nativePath + "/" + _appIcon);
2) The RIM modal dialogs take us through the BBID login and order confirmation as expected
3) The RIM modal displays one of the following errors:
a) "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server"
b) "There were problems completing the purchase. Please try again or visit BlackBerry App World Support for more information. (Error Id: 30242)"
c) "There were problems completing the purchase. Please try again or visit BlackBerry App World Support for more information. (Error Id: 30510)"
4) Our app receives a PaymentErrorEvent.PURCHASE_ERROR, and notifies the user that the transaction failed. The users are then able to try again.
5) Despite the error message, funds were billed from my PayPal account.
I saw elsewhere that the 30242 error has been reported and is under investigation ( http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocume
Have these purchase errors been seen by anyone else, and is RIM investigating?