Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Payment Service

New Contributor
sqpat
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TMobile
Accepted Solution

"Application Not For Sale" purchase error when purchasing virtual goods

My application is out on BlackBerry World right now. When i use my sandbox account to purchase an item from the app downloaded from BlackBerry World, everything works fine. Similarly, when i use PaymentManager's Test mode when debugging a locally installed version of the application, everything also works. However, non-sandboxed in-app-purchases from a BlackBerry World version of the app do not work. I get a "Purchase error" dialog with the text: "Application not for sale". My virtual goods page for the app on the vendor portal lists everything as being Up For Sale, as it has been for the past 3 days.  All the SKUs and IDs are definitely right. I'm confused because I've had in app purchases working before for other apps, and sandbox/test modes work.

Has anyone else come across this error? Is it maybe a configuration issue?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: "Application Not For Sale" purchase error when purchasing virtual goods

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I haven't seen this issue myself. At what point in the purchase process do you see this error (before the BBID login screen, after confirming purchase etc)?

Can you provide a link to your app so I can test this? If you'd prefer you can PM me the URL.

Does this occur with all digital goods within your application?

Have you or any of your users been able to purchase this digital good?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sqpat

The url of the app is:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/27242910/?countrycode=US

(The bug is not reproducable right now because I've disabled in app purchases until i can get the issue resolved, and crediting users coins so they still have a source of coins.)

The issue occurred before money was charged to the user, so definitely before the consumable could be consumed. I believe it occurred after the login prompt. Happens with all digital goods. No one has been able to purchase the good in this application, though. Well, I can do it in sandbox just fine. But it doesn't work for other users without the sandbox. So i believe the code is correct on my side to handle a successful purchase, but there might be a misconfiguration either in my application or on the vendor portal. But the code is the same as my other app which works fine with in app purchases.

I am also waiting on duplicates of all the virtual goods to pass review to see if switching to new ones fixes the issues.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Thanks. I'm checking with the BlackBerry World folks on any issues that may be with the digital goods being used.

I have not heard of this issue (error message) previously, is it a prompt displayed by your app or one from the Payment Service?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Your new goods should be approved now. Could you test those out and let me know how they work?

To test you can upload a new version of the app in draft, install through the sandbox, then remove your BBID email from the sandbox list and try making a purchase.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sqpat

The new virtual goods are working. In the end I have no idea why the first ones were not working, but switching to the new set works. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Good to hear! Please make sure to mark this thread as solved :smileyhappy:

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.